- Newfoundland and Labrador: HEEY B'Y HOW'S SHE GOIN' B'Y I'S THE B'Y WHO BUILDS THE BOAT AND I'S THE B'Y WHO SAILS HER
- Nova Scotia: Let's sing sea shanties while we go fishing and get drunk
- Prince Edward Island: POTATOES
- New Brunswick: FUCK YEAH WE HAVE CONCERTS
- Quebec: Je ne sais pas goddamn flat tire de tabernacle we want to be our own goddamn country poutine
- Ontario: Nothing above Southern Ontario exists, eh?
- Manitoba: Holy shit it's cold
- Alberta: YEEEEE HAW IT'S LIKE WE'RE THE SOUTHERN STATES PART OF CANADA
- British Columbia: I'm sorry I can't hear you at this altitude
- Yukon: Look at me I'm next to Alaska
- Northwest Territories: William and Kate were here heeeeeey
- Nunavut: LOOK HOW FUCKING BIG I AM LOL GOOD LUCK COLOURING ME IN BY THE END OF CLASS
is called Petrichor, and it is caused by Geosmin.
Geosmin is an organic compound with the formula C12H22O. It’s produced by several classes of microbes, including cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) and actinobacteria (especially Streptomyces), and released when these microbes die. The human nose is extremely sensitive to geosmin and is able to detect it at concentrations as low as 5 parts per trillion.
now, I can die in peace.
1. a despicable or obnoxious person 2. a person; fellow 3. a person who fucks
for 1. idk
2.because baby I was born this way
When a mixture of emotional (reliability, loyalty, caring, understanding ect.)and physical (boobs,ass,muscles, fatness, whatever youre into) attraction come together with indications of positive mate quality (ability to provide and care for your future potential offspring as well as a strong genetic disposition towards not dying from shit the world throws at you and being good looking). Humans and possibly other animals feel “LOVE” which is really just your brain OD-ing on endorphins and oxytocin.
If you believe the beatles, it is all you need and cannot be bought and is expressed in different ways cross culturally and in different species. For example the male emperor penguin will search around for days for the perfect rock to present to his future mate. Once he does they will be mates for the rest of their lives. Humans do something similiar but with bits of shiny hardened carbon around a silver or gold metal ring. Unfortunately for humans they will likely statistically not be mates for the rest of their lives. :P
only if it’s made of canadian stuffs YEP YEP
Joanna, mostly because she’s a ballin modern recreation of audrey hepburn and a mpdg but also because I’m not into abnoxious brown dudes :P
- (Names have been altered slightly, just in case.)
- Josie: I have a new crusshhhhh
- Matt: Me too! On a boy!
- Pearl: You're a boy with a crush on a boy?
- Matt: Yeah he's really cute.
- Pearl: Oh.
- (pause for a bit)
- Matt: Boys can like boys. I just can't marry him because boys can't marry boys.
- Me: Yeah they can. You can marry whoever you want.
- Matt: Really?
- Josie: YEAH my tia has a wife so now I have a titi and a auntie.
- Matt: Okay. Then maybe I'll marry him.
- Dave: (from across the room) No you can't you're seven.
- (Age was apparently the only foreseeable problem anyone of my elementary schoolers could see with gay marriage. I almost cried out of happiness. Later, when I was asked if boys could kiss anyone they wanted, I replied "only if they want to kiss you back." And Josie responded "Yeah! Your body your life.")
- My students are the shit.